Treo 650 & 600: Side-by-Side Comparison
Updated (Nov. 06): Please note that this comparison dates back to 2004. Here is the link to the newest Treo Comparison Chart for the Palm OS Treo 680, 700p, 650 & Windows Mobile Treo 750, 700wx and 700w.
1. New conical/cylindrical shaped antenna (shame really, I kind of liked the old one...)
2. Power button is gone [UPDATE] NOT... It's now with the (red) call end button... (well spotted Paris)
3. New speaker shape
4. Same screen size but improved resolution from 160x160 to 320x320
5. Dedicated call answer and disconnect buttons
6. Overall keyboard shape change as well as slightly larger keys (+10%?) and also changed key shapes (from egg to oval... sadly...)
7. New stylus shape
8. Improved camera now 1.3 megapixels
9. Speakerphone shape change
10. Now with removeable Treo battery!
11. 'Reset' button is nowhere to be found...
12. Slightly larger IR port (better or just different shape?)
13. Power/Network button is gone [UPDATE] NOT... It's now with the (red) call end button... (well spotted Paris)
14. New data port (but will it be faster...)
15. Dedicated front microphone (on 650)
16. Screen on Treo 650 is finally centered (also notice screen quality improvement)
17. Absolutely incredible key backlighting (the ones on the Treo 600 are on but you can not even see it in this picture). I wonder what the keys are made of that they can carry the backlight this way.
This side by side comparison is probably most useful for those people who already own a Treo 600. For those of you that don't and who would like to learn more about the amazing phone, business and entertainment capabilities of the Treo line I strongly recommend that you read one of our most popular earlier posts.
For those of you who would like more background information on the Treo 650 and who had not read the original post of the release of the Treo 650 pictures you will find this here.
[Original Treo 650 images from WeeBitObsessed via TreoCentral Forum]