Motorola H700 "Cosmic Blue" Now Available

Since its launch the Motorola H700 Bluetooth Headset has been one of my top 3 wireless headset choices because of its solid and elegant build, small and extremely pocketable size, comfortable wear, USB charging capabilities, great sound and innovative ‘PowerFlip’ which automatically switches the headset off as you fold the speaker when not in use.

The first H700 model offered a simple grey-silver-chrome design (above bottom left) which was soon followed by the grey-silver-gold chrome Limited Edition H700 Dolce & Gabbana (see my review).  Now Motorola has released an equally exclusive (read: limited supplies) ‘Cosmic Blue’ edition (above top) just in time for the release of the dark blue rubberized Treo 750 with which it matches beautifully.

As I mentioned earlier, the outstanding feature of all H700 models is without a doubt its proprietary “PowerFlip” technology which offers these unique benefits:

1. It conserves battery power as it automatically and completely turns off when closed (instead of remaining in ‘standby’ with other headsets)
  2. It allows you to conveniently answer a call by simply flipping the boom open
  3. It avoids the embarrassing issue of screaming at your callers while holding your Treo when the audio is actually being diverted to the headset… (see Silent Conversations With A Blueetooth Headset)
  4. It helps to make the H700 one of the single most “pocketable” of any BT headsets

Personally, since blue is my favourite colour I’m delighted to finally see a headset that is not the plain old black or silver that nearly all other makes and models favour.  Naturally it also helps that the H700’s design, technology and performance are all excellent.

Treonauts are always looking for excellence

Posted by Andrew on January 25, 2007 at 08:54 AM

Treo Accessories , Treo Bluetooth Headset

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Motorola H700 "Cosmic Blue" Now Available:

Comments

by landoncube | Jan 25, 2007 11:09:11 AM

Andrew, I value your opinion. Could you get your hands on a Jawbone headset and review it for your faithful readers? I hear good things and as always, I would want to buy it through Treonauts...

by RichC | Jan 25, 2007 12:21:45 PM

I'm using an early generation and the flip doesn't do a good job of activating the bluetooth ... the delay is frustrating. Hows the 5 generation H700 with the Palm Treo 700p?

by Allan J. Favish | Jan 25, 2007 3:21:19 PM

A new Motorola bluetooth in-ear headset is coming. See http://direct.motorola.com/ens/bluetooth/bluetooth-headsets.html

by Joseph Rosmann | Jan 25, 2007 10:04:23 PM

My "blue" H700 model stopped pairing with my 700p within 30 days of purchase, despite being treated very carefully. I've read elsewhere that many other H700 owners have had similar dissappointing experiences with their H700s. Seems like there is some serious quality of manufacture problem on Motorola's part with this one..........
Would love to know of other users' experiences with this model. Verizon replaced the original unit without cost in my case. We will now see how long this one works.

by jb | Jan 25, 2007 11:15:29 PM

My biggest problem with bluetooth headsets is having it on hand when a call comes in. Pants pockets are out of the question as the headset would take alot of abuse from movement. Shirt or jacket pockets are not always available. Has anyone found lanyard system or holster system that works?

thanx,
jb

by Ray Spencer | Feb 6, 2007 10:06:02 AM

Sorry but the Plantronics series of in ear headsets leave the Motorola family of headsets in the dust! I've used three different Motorola headsets, the last being the 850 and I finally walked away from Motorola forever after using a Plantronics Explorer 330 and that's not even their expensive model and it blew the Motorolas away. Sorry but I want function over fashion!

RS