More Treo 800w Specifications
Some interesting additional information about the possible specifications of the forthcoming Treo 800w have come out. Apparently:
- The Treo 800w (from Sprint) will have a mini-USB plug on the bottom of the device for syncing and charging.
- It's about as thin as a Centro, and actually feels quite nice in the hand.
- It will ship with WinMo 6.0 and will be compatible with WinMo 6.1 once an update is released.
- Not a whole lot of feature upgrades, but does make it compatible with Microsoft System Center Mobile Device Manager 2008.
- Along with the classic on/off switch for the ringer, there is a convenient WiFi on/off button.
- The 2MP camera, takes decent pictures.
- It also comes standard with an EvDO Rev. A radio, bluetooth 2.0 +EDR, and 802.11g WiFi. [...]
- This device is slated to be released in April of this year.
- The Treo 800W has MicroSD and 256MB memory. I believe there is another 128MB for something else [...]
- Oh, and there's no more headphone jack on the device, you'll have to utilize the mini-USB plug with an adapter, or use bluetooth wireless or bluetooth stereo headset.
Additionally, while updating my TeleNav account earlier today I accidentally stumbled upon a rather interesting “mistake” (screenshot below) under the phone model for Sprint which already lists a mysterious Palm Treo 800 – something which suggests that we may see this latest smartphone sooner than expected…
Evidently most large software developers must already have gotten their hands on a Treo 800w and are preparing applications for its launch by Sprint in March or April so I’m hoping that some more leaks will come out in the coming weeks.
More Treo 800w Details Surface [via WMExperts]
Treonauts always get the latest specs…