Unlocked Treo 680 Update + New Palm Desktop for Vista
Unlocked Treo 680 Update 1.12
Following the recent Treo 680 Update 2.11 for AT&T/Cingular, I’m glad to see that the Software Update for your Unlocked GSM Palm Treo 680 is finally here. This Treo 680 Update 1.12 offers the following enhancements to your device:
- Corporate email as it arrives – Have your corporate email delivered to you with Microsoft Direct Push Technology. Accept or decline meeting invites and access your company directory on the go.
- Power saving enhancements – Helps conserve battery life with improved power management and updated default system power preferences.
- Supports larger expansion cards – Supports up to 4GB SD expansion cards (including the SDHC format), sold separately.
- Enhanced ringtone support – MP3 and other sound files purchased from the web or sent from friends can now be set as ringtones and alerts (formats: MP3, AAC, AAC+, MIDI, WAV, and AMR).
- Three updates in one – This update incorporates three previously released software updates: Treo 680 Camera Update (January 2007), Treo 680 Security Patch (May 2007), and Treo 680 Unlocked GSM smartphone SMS Update (July 2007).
As Palm claims, it took me about 30 minutes to complete the installation of this update.
Palm Desktop for Windows Vista
It’s been over eight months in the making but Palm has now released its final version of Palm Desktop for Windows Vista which is compatible with the following smartphones:
- Palm Centro (with Windows Vista or Windows XP)
- Treo 755p , 700p, 680 (with Windows Vista only)
New features in this Palm Desktop include:
- Integrated Desktop: Provides a single desktop and conduit compatibility across all Palm OS 3.5.x through 5.4.x devices.
- Enterprise Friendly HotSync Enhancements: HotSync Manager 7.0 is a standalone application, and no longer requires Palm Desktop to be installed on the computer. All user management functionality has been moved into HotSync Manager 7.0 Migration Tools: the installer checks for the latest settings and reports any known incompatibilities with third-party software.
- Multilingual Support: Localized in Brazilian Portuguese, English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish.
- Install Tool: The Install Tool, which replaces the "Palm Quick Install" tool, allows you to sync .prc and .pdb files (Palm OS applications and databases) to your device.
- Outlook 2007 synchronization: Allows you to use your USB sync cable to synchronize with Outlook 2007's Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Notes. This version includes all previously released patches such as the Outlook 2007 Update.
Treonauts always want to be updated…