Treo 800w Specifications
New Treo 800w – The Only Windows Mobile 6 Series Smartphone in the World to Offer Touchscreen + WiFi + GPS + 3G + Front QWERTY Keyboard
With the launch of the new high-end enterprise-class Windows Mobile Sprint Treo 800w (expected on or around July 22nd) as well as the Verizon Treo 800w we continue to get more and more leaked information.
This latest round provides us with the most complete set of CDMA Treo 800w specifications yet and offers us a great glimpse inside what I expect will become (along with the GSM Treo 850) the most successful lineup of Windows Mobile smartphones on the market upon their release.
Radio: One of the main benefits of the Treo 800w will be access to the high-speed wireless broadband network that both Sprint and Verizon offer (although not confirmed yet it is believed that the Treo 800w will support Rev. A.). Additionally, there is now also a GPS chipset built-in.
- CDMA 800 (Digital Cellular), 1900 (PCS), and 1.5GHz (GPS)
- EVDO and 1XRTT
Phone Features: The main change here is that instead of a 2.5mm audio jack + charging & sync connectors the Treo 800w now offers just one microUSB connector that is used for audio, synch & charging.
- Personal speakerphone
- MicroUSB standard B connector (for sync cable, charger, and audio accessories)
- External antenna port
- Microphone mute option
- 3-way calling
- Hearing Aid Compatibility (HAC) (M4/T4 rating)
- Dedicated Calendar/Notes and Mail/Messaging buttons
Hardware: The Treo 800w now offers a slightly faster processor as well as a much improved 2.0 megapixel camera and microSDHC slot that will
- Processor technology: TI processor, 333MHz
- Expansion: microSD/SDHC memory card slot
- Battery: Removable & rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Camera: 2.0 megapixel (1600 x 1200) with automatic light balance
- Display: 320 x 320 pixel touchscreen with 65,536 colors (16-bit color) and user-adjustable brightness
- Keyboard: Built-in backlit QWERTY keyboard plus 5-way navigator
Connectivity: Finally the Treo 800w is the first Palm smartphone to include built-in WiFi capabilities and the Bluetooth 2.0+EDR allows you to make the most of the extensive range of available Bluetooth accessories on the market today.
- Wi-Fi (802.11b/g and compliant with 802.11i)
- Infrared (1.2-compliant)
- Bluetooth wireless technology (Complies with Bluetooth 2.0+EDR
specification. Supports GAP, GOEP [OBEX], SPP, SDAP, OPP, HSP, HFP 1.5, A2DP, AVRCP, PAN, PBAP, ActiveSync, and BPP.)
Operating System: The Treo 800w will now be powered by the latest version 6.1 Professional of Windows Mobile.
Size & Weight: Although the Treo 800w retains the same width and length of the Treo 750 it is a full 0.70 ounces lighter as well as being as slim as the Centro (only 0.73 in / 18.5mm).
- 4.41 in. x 2.28 in. x 0.73 in. (112mm x 58mm x 18.5mm)
- 4.94 ounces (140 grams)
Software: Aside from all the standard Windows Mobile applications included as standard, the Treo 800w also offers:
- Handmark Pocket Express
- Bubble Breaker
- Aces Texas Hold'em Limit
- Voice Command
- Picsel PDF Viewer
- Sprite Backup
- Bejeweled 2 (on CD)
- WorldMate (on CD)
Pricing: The 800w is expected to be priced at around $250 (after rebates and 2 year agreement).
Overall: One important point to note is that upon its release the Treo 800w will be the ONLY Windows Mobile 6 smartphone in the world to offer all of the following:
- Touchscreen with stylus
- Internal GPS
- 3G Wireless Data Connectivity
- Full QWERTY Keyboard
Treo 800w: Updated Specs and features [via Treocentral Forum]
Treonauts always have the greatest specs…