Palm Store Offer + Bluetooth Update For Treo Pro Released
Major Palm Store Sale Ends Today + Palm Releases Bluetooth Update For Treo Pro To Fix Minor Bug When Using Bluetooth Car Kit or Bluetooth Headset And A Second Incoming Call Is Ignored
Palm Store Coupon & Sale
If you didn’t already know about it, the Palm Store has a seriously generous offer giving you $25 Off any orders of $100 or more (valid until Sunday, November 23) so now would seem to be the right time to stock up on essential accessories for your smartphone. Just use coupon code 25OFF at checkout.
Additionally, there is a concurrent sale (ends today Tuesday, November 12) on many power accessories from chargers, batteries, cradles and more with some products reduced by up to 50% such as this Palm Centro Cradle now available for only $14.99.
Treo Pro Bluetooth Patch
Although I have been absolutely delighted with my Treo Pro (understatement) there was apparently a scenario where according to Palm:
- If you are in an active call using a bluetooth speakerphone car kit or bluetooth headset AND
- you receive a second incoming call AND
- you let it ring or you ignore the incoming call THEN
- the second call will be diverted to Voicemail while the first call remains active BUT
- you can no longer hear the caller (the caller can still hear you). The audio has been lost.
The above issue applies _only_ to a second call received while using a Bluetooth call accessory and does not occur if you answer the second incoming call and swap between calls or reject the call.
Thankfully there is now a simple and very quick fix to this minor bug with Palm’s release of the Treo Pro Bluetooth Patch – a small 136KB CAB file that can be installed via ActiveSync from your PC, downloaded directly to your Treo Pro Over-The-Air via the palm.com/850u-bluetooth-ota URL (the fastest and simplest method) or using a blank microSDHC card.
In order to find out if your Treo Pro smartphone needs this Bluetooth Update follow these steps:
- Press Start . Select Settings.
- Select the System tab. Open About. Go to the Phone tab.
- Look at the Software Version.
If you see a Software Version that is T850UNA-1.01-XXX or lower, you should install this update.
Note: Devices with software versions higher than 1.01 need not take this update.
Separately, I’m curious to find out if like me you typically prefer to use a Bluetooth Headset to make and receive calls on your smartphone:
If you answered Yes to the poll above or have not had the opportunity to experience making or receiving calls wirelessly then my top choices are listed below:
Top 3 Editor’s Choice Bluetooth Headsets
- Jabra BT530 (Super value and excellent noise cancellation)
- New Jawbone (Best-in-class noise cancellation)
- BlueAnt V1 (First headset with voice recognition)
Top 3 Editor’s Choice Stereo Bluetooth Headsets
- Jabra BT3030 (Ideal for wireless music)
- Motorola S9–HD (Ideal for sporting activities)
- Plantronics 855 (First dual mono + stereo headset)
Treonauts are always fixing something…