Sprint Treo Pro Release Date
Release Date & New Specs For Sprint Treo Pro Revealed
While most of the world appears to have gone completely gaga over the upcoming Palm Pre the fact is nonetheless that some excitement is also justified for the terrific Windows Mobile Treo Pro that I have been using for the last few months but which has (rather frustratingly) yet to be released by a US carrier.
The good news is that following its recent FCC approval and according to multiple rumours we only have a few more days to wait before Sprint finally releases its CDMA Treo Pro this coming Sunday, January 25.
The other good news is that thanks to a leaked Sprint sales presentation we also learn that the Sprint Treo Pro will apparently have some even higher specifications than the existing Unlocked GSM Treo Pro with among others:
- Much Faster CPU at 528 MHz (up from 400 MHz)
- More Memory: 128MB program memory (DDR) and 256MB non-volatile memory (175MB user available up from 105MB)
- Better GPS: a full aGPS chipset is now “Assisted & Autonomous” which means that your smartphone does NOT need to be within Sprint coverage to provide you with GPS navigation support.
- More Java: instead of just the standard Windows Mobile JVM it is rumoured that the device will also have Sprint’s own Java solution called Titan.
- More Apps: the recently released Kinoma Play will apparently come bundled with your smartphone + also expect more Sprint apps including Software Store, Sprint Music and SprintTV.
- Mobile Internet Explorer 6: this is not yet confirmed but given the much higher specs the Sprint Treo Pro may have the new IE 6 in ROM.
The same leaked Sprint presentation (slide above) provides this short introduction:
The Treo™ Pro by Palm® is a feature rich Windows Mobile 6.1 OS PDA which is a perfect balance of robust productivity and simplicity. Features include embedded WiFi with a dedicated short-cut key, A-GPS, EV-DO REV.A and a 2.0 mega pixel camera. This device has an updated stylish and slim form factor design. Data services run on Sprint’s Nationwide Mobile Broadband Network.
Overall, Palm and Sprint have clearly been working hard to ensure the delivery of a truly stunning Treo Pro experience. I am personally extremely excited with all the enhanced CPU, memory and GPS specifications which will make this smartphone fly even faster than my current GSM version and undoubtedly place it as the undisputed best Windows Mobile smartphone on the market today.
Top 10 Reasons To Get Your Sprint Treo Pro
- Ultraslim & Ultrasleek Form-Factor & Stunning Design
- Full QWERTY Keyboard + High Resolution 320x320 Flush Touchscreen
- Built-in WiFi (802.11 b/g with WPA, WPA2, 801.1x authentication)
- Built-in GPS (Assisted and Autonomous GPS)
- High-Speed Wireless Data (EV-DO Rev. A)
- It’s a Palm Smartphone
- Dedicated Silent Ringer Switch Button
- Standard 5 Hours Talk Time (Up to 7 hours Continuous)
- Dedicated WiFi On/Off Button
- Windows Mobile Professional 6.1
Treonauts always have top specs…