Palm Pre Accessories Top 10 List
Current Most Popular Accessories for Palm Pre Includes Touchstone, Extended Battery, Skin, Charger, Holster & Screen Protector
I have been doing some research regarding the most popular Palm Pre Accessories that are available today and I have to admit that some of the findings are pretty interesting.
- The _overwhelmingly_ single most popular Palm Pre accessory is none other than the innovative Palm Touchstone – an item that over 50% of Preonauts choose to buy.
- The #1 category of Palm Pre accessories is related to “Power” (including not only the Touchstone but also a battery, car charger, wall charger, Sync & Charge cable, USB cable and spare battery charger) which combined account for between 60–70% of the Top 30 products purchased.
- The #2 category is perhaps not surprisingly “Care” with holsters, cases, cleaning cloth and screen protectors.
- The #3 category is “Car Kits” with the iGrip Phone Holder and iGrip Universal Fit Vent Mount.
- Lastly, the most popular Bluetooth headset is currently the Plantronics Voyager PRO but I would very highly recommend the considerably cheaper Jabra BT530 that I absolutely love.
Top 10 Palm Pre Accessories
The Palm Pre is certainly not without its faults but the Touchstone is an absolutely unique accessory that currently only Preonauts can enjoy. The overwhelming popularity of the Touchstone is a testament to the ingenuity and renewed market savvy of Palm engineers and designers – a very cool little gadget.
The matter of relatively poor Palm Pre battery life is probably the one that most concerns Preonauts. Seidio’s 1350mAh may only deliver a little over 10% more power than the standard Palm Pre battery but this certainly hasn’t stopped Preonauts from rushing to buy one – it appears that every little ounce of juice counts a lot…
For those completely infatuated with the Touchstone it’s clear that having “only” one is simply not enought. A great number of Preonauts are choosing to buy a second Touchstone dock to, for example, keep at the office.
This ultrathin yet ultrastrong protective “invisible body skin” is made from the same material used to protect military helicopter blades and ensure that you can keep your Pre fully protected from accidental scratches that may occur during daily use. As an aside I happen to really like the tecture of the film – particularly when you use your fingers on the touchscreen.
A lot of people appear to favour this original Palm car charger but to be honest I personally found the Motorola microUSB Car Charger to be considerably better – not only because it’s cheaper but also because I love the overall design of the product.
As I recently found out, not all microUSB wall chargers work with the Pre and at present the cheapest option is this Seidio wall charger but another better one should be available from Smartphone Experts soon.
These screen protectors are not the best that I’ve ever come across but they do get the job done – something that seems to be more than enough for most people.
This is the first holster available for the Palm Pre and it’s surprisingly good – one of the most ideal solutions to quickly answer calls by your side. Having said this, just this past week Seidio released another Palm Pre holster which now also offers audio port access.
Perhaps one of the most basic accessories in any smartphone arsenal, this retractable sync & charge cable is small and light – measuring only 4.5 inches when closed but a full 2 feet when open. Always highly recommended.
This travel cable from Palm is designed to be lighter and shorter (76cm) than the standard microUSB cable – ideal when you want to pack less when on the go.
Over the coming weeks I will also be taking a closer look at these bestselling accessories and review each individually.
Preonauts are always fully kitted…