Treo 700w Finally In Treonauts' Hands!!!

Santa Claus has been very kind to Treonauts this year as he decided to drop by early and leave behind a brand spanking new production unit of the soon to be released Treo 700w running Windows Mobile.  I am naturally ecstatic that it is now finally in my hand…

Side-by-side with my beloved Treo 650 the new Treo 700w (below left) really only has but a few cosmetic body changes with a somewhat ‘squarer’ look including the keyboard which now has rounded square buttons instead of the oval ones found on our Treo 650.

I am barely getting started using Windows Mobile for the first time but below I briefly entered a new appointment in the Calendar (left) and tested the keyboard in Notes.

Also, as I had correctly guessed before, all existing Treo 650 accessories will work perfectly well with the Treo 700w and here below I test the Seidio Retractable Duo Cable and the standard Palm Cradle.

Evidently at the moment I’m trying to catch up as quickly as possible on better understanding a little better how Windows Mobile works as well as recording the most obvious differences between using the Treo 650 and Treo 700w.  I plan to post my findings over the next couple of weeks as I go about discovering everything that I can or can’t do with the new Treo 700w and deciding how much of my affections it will win.

Treonauts always get their hands on the good stuff

Posted by Andrew on December 10, 2005 at 02:38 PM

Treo Windows Mobile

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Treo 700w Finally In Treonauts' Hands!!!:

» First look at the Palm Treo 700w from Treo Today
Lucky Andrew at Treonauts has gotten his hands on the Palm Treo 700w. Currently theres not too much detail on the Windows Mobile-powered Treo, but there are plenty of photos up on the site. The good news is, the Palm Treo 700w can use all e... [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 10, 2005 10:51:15 PM

» Treonauts hands-on with the Treo 700w from MobileRead
Treonauts got their hands on the Treo 700w and they celebrate the event with a couple of juicy photos. They also confirm that Treo 650 users who'd like to switch can stick to their existing accessories, since fortunately Palm decided not to change the... [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 11, 2005 8:30:20 AM

» Treo 700w and Treo 650 side-by-side comparison from iampowered
We've mentioned the soon to be released (Verizon-compatible) Treo 700w and the FCC filing that was recently made available to the public. Now it looks like Treonauts has managed to acquire a working production model of the 700w (just in... [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 14, 2005 4:08:25 AM

Comments

by Andrew | Dec 19, 2005 10:01:01 PM

Does anyone know if the 700w will support the Blackberry Connect program as the Treo 650 is supposed to in early January?

by Mark Bennett | Dec 20, 2005 4:30:41 PM

I have not bought a "Smart phone" or a PDA ever, but I am seriously looking at the 700w. Is it worth the wait or is the 650 going to do the job. Would there be any buyer’s remorse when the 700w came out, in your opinion?

by ckeegan | Dec 21, 2005 1:39:34 PM

Just thought I would share the love from VZW Employee over at HoFo.

by Jackson | Dec 28, 2005 3:23:35 PM

I can see that the 700 is more narrow than the 650. Is the 700 also a little more slim than the 650 as well. Please reply

by emilio | Dec 29, 2005 4:59:24 AM

when will the t700w be available in australia.what is the megapix on the camera

by Bretn | Jan 3, 2006 12:28:36 PM

Similar to other requests...but do you find that the 650 is faster than the 700w as mentioned earlier in December due to W.M. typically being slower. It is apparent that I will have the choice within the next couple of days to purchase the new 700w, but will it be worth the price versus the 650?

by Brent | Jan 3, 2006 12:29:27 PM

by AJ | Jan 18, 2006 7:00:55 PM

I just want to confirm something - do all accessories for the Treo 650 work for the 700? Cases, car chargers etc.?

by Peter | Mar 19, 2006 4:29:07 PM

i'm having trouble getting instant messaging on my treo 700w
i tried to download aim mobile and it said it wouldn't run on my treo
tried downloading that agile mobile program but that said it wasn't a pocket pc compatable program
any suggestions?

by bathtub resurfacing manhattan | Nov 18, 2011 10:13:13 AM

I am user of this mobile since last 6 months, i found it good because it has updated features, now verizon provide his services in iphone.

by roofing repair nj | Jan 10, 2012 8:08:04 AM

Windows mobiles are very nice and i love to use windows mobiles and i also using it in the past but now iphone, HTC and BlackBerry takes it's place.

by Samuel Wells | Mar 30, 2012 8:34:54 AM

Unfortunately, the Treo 700w doesn't include integrated Wi-Fi and has a somewhat poor 240x240-pixel resolution.