Treo 700w Specifications

One of the things that had been bugging me is that nobody had yet released a full spec sheet for the forthcoming Treo 700w running Windows Mobile and even I wasn’t completely sure about everything that it contained.

Aside from the fact that it’s running Windows Mobile, the most noticeable differences with our Treo 650 are:

1. 240x240 screen instead of 320x320
  2. Processor has same MHz (312) but chipset is PXA272 instead of 270
  3. Microphone has been moved next to multi-connector at the back (like on the Treo 600) instead of at the front on the Treo 650
  4. There is 88MB of total memory with about 65MB available
  5. Bluetooth v1.2
  6. Built-in high-speed EV-DO data support

1 Antenna
 2 Infrared Port
    For 'beaming' information and software between devices.
 3 Ringer On/Off Switch
 4 Expansion Card Slot
    For SD/MultiMediaCards.
 6 1.3MP Digital Camera & Camcorder
 7 Stylus
 8 Removable Battery
 9 Volume Button
10 Customizable Button
     Set your own functionality.
11 Phone Speaker
12 240x240 Color Display
13 Function Button
     Quick access to all programs & functions.
14 Phone/Send Button
15 Windows Button
     Quick access to programs & settings.
16 Menu Button
     Quick access to program menus.
17 Power/End Button
18 OK Button
19 5-Way Navigator
     For one-handed navigation.
20 QWERTY Keyboard
21 Phone Dial Pad
22 Headset Jack
23 Multi-Connector
     For charger and accessories.
24 Microphone
25 Status Indicator
26 Speaker

Treo 700w Specifications List

wireless radio
• CDMA model: 800/1900 MHz nationwide digital phone

processor
• Intel™ PXA272 312 MHz processor

memory (88MB Total)
• Program Memory: 24.45MB
• Storage Memory: 62.94MB

battery
• Removable rechargeable lithium ion battery
• CDMA model: Up to 5 hours talk time and up to 2 weeks standby time (Estimated)

operating system
• Windows Mobile 5 Pocket PC Phone Edition Software (My current version is 5.1.170)
Packed with business and personal productivity tools and entertainment features, the new platform enhances access to wireless email, digital media, corporate applications, and personalization options. New Microsoft® Office software for Windows Mobile™-based devices includes Microsoft® Office PowerPoint® Mobile™ application for viewing presentations while on-the-go, and Microsoft® Office Excel® Mobile™ with chart support for an improved email attachment viewing experience.

size (Estimated)
• 4.4 x 2.3 x 0.9 inches
• 11.3 x 5.9 x 2.3 cm

weight (Estimated)
• 6.3 oz. / 178 grams

display
• Color TFT touch-screen
• 240 x 240 resolution
• 16-bit color (displays over 65,000 colors) (Estimated)

expansion
• Supports SD, SDIO and MultiMediaCards (I haven’t yet had any luck with SDIO WiFi connections but I am waiting for a new card)

audio
• Windows Media Player 10 Mobile included – requires SD memory card, sold separately
• 3.5mm Stereo audio headset compatible – requires a stereo headset adapter, sold separately, for use with standard stereo headphones

Bluetooth v1.2 wireless technology
• Easily connect with Bluetooth headsets, GPS Navigation and car kits
• Wirelessly synchronize with your desktop or laptop computer

digital camera and camcorder
• XVGA with 1280x1024 (1.3 megapixels) resolution and automatic + manual light balancing
• 2x zoom
• Self-portrait mirror
• Captures video: Built-in camcorder lets you record videos; play them on the LCD screen and easily save them right on the device.

additional features
• Full backlit QWERTY keyboard with number pad
• 5-way navigation button
• Built-In Speakerphone  Hands-free phone operation is made easy with the built-in speakerphone, allowing you to conference call virtually anywhere.
• Polyphonic MIDI ringtones
• Infrared port
• External ringer on/silence switch
• Vibrate mode
• Stylus
• Keyguard
• 2.5 mm headset jack supports stereo audio
• customizable side button

software
Includes versions of familiar applications such as Microsoft Outlook®, Pocket Internet Explorer 4.0, and Windows Media™ Player 10.

Microsoft ActiveSync® (version 4.1) allows for fast and easy synchronization of email, contacts, calendar, tasks, and documents.

Pocket MSN® offers a fully integrated smart data service offering universal sign-in; MSN Hotmail® and Inbox integration; MSN® Messenger alerts and presence; and MSN content services for maps and directions, weather, news, money, entertainment and yellow pages.

Built-In Email  Includes full access to Microsoft Outlook®, in addition to POP3 and IMAP email clients. Microsoft® Exchange ActiveSync® allows for wireless integration with Exchange Server 2003.

Customizable Photo Caller ID  Assign photos to specific numbers in your phone book to quickly identify your caller. Reminisce about a special person or meaningful moment every time the phone rings.

in the box
• Treo 700w smartphone
• Lithium-ion battery
• AC charger
• USB HotSync® cable
• Headset
• Software Installation CD
• User guide

Treonauts are always looking for the right specs

Posted by Andrew on December 15, 2005 at 12:55 PM

Treo Windows Mobile

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Treo 700w Specifications:

» The Mobile Minute 126 from Nino.Mobile
Easing back into things.... Software / Hardware The Verizon XV6700 (theirbadging of the HTC... [Read More]

Tracked on Jan 5, 2006 12:18:18 AM

Comments

by terrence | Jul 21, 2006 11:39:18 AM

I have a 700w and I want to use a stereo headset with the answer call/end feature. I've tried using the headset and I cannot get it 2 answer calls. Also, I use voice command and when turned on, the answer call/end feature activates the command. Is there something I am doing something wrong or does this feature (answer call/end) work. No one from Verizon or Palm could help me.

by Colin | Jul 26, 2006 2:43:01 AM

Got a Treo 700P and I am very unhappy with the Voice Memo. I used to have a Palm Zire 72 and would burn the Voice Memos to CD by recording to the SD card and then translating to audio using NERO. On my new phone however, the Voice Memo only records to internal memory, leaving me without a way to save or distribute sermons, etc. There is no option to record to SD card, so I searched and bought the mVoice 4, which will allow me to record to SD. Now my problem is that the side one touch record button still brings up the standard Voice Memo, even with the one touch activated on the new program.

How do I get rid of the original Palm VoiceMemo off my internal system? It is dominating my one touch side button access and keeping me from recording fast.

mVoice 4 is a great program, 10x the sound quality!

Please respond to: colino1000@juno.com

by Adam Wright | Oct 21, 2006 9:10:09 AM

I completely agree with Lance above (#23). Another CON is that that Windows Mobile crashes VERY frequently on the Palm Treo 700w. I consider crashes to be both complete system freezes, as well as slow downs that take 10 times longer to do anything than the time they normally take when the system hasn't crashed. I also find it disappointing that there is often not enough system memory to run even two applications at the same time... try running internet explorer and windows media player at the same time if you'd like an example of this every time. When this mobile device works well, I like it a lot. The email is great. Web surfing is really good when the device is working well. Even with these PROS, I do NOT recommend this device. I can't take 20 crashes a week any more. Waiting for something better in Boston, Adam

by Mary Ann | Nov 25, 2006 3:48:36 AM

My Treo 700w has been crashing daily (or more) for months now. It makes me crazy. I miss lots of phone calls and voice mails because the phone has crashed. I'm not using it as a power user - all the phone really does is be a phone and Wireless Sync with Verizon's web site. Occasional use of Internet Explorer and Windows Media Player to play MP3s from my 1GB SD card.

Then I got to thinking: how is my phone different from anyone else's? Not terribly, but I do keep the SD card in it all ther time. I tried taking the card out, and the phone went a week without crashing! I put a new 2GB SD card in and it crashed within hours. (Nothing even on the card.) I tried making a folder on the card so it wouldn't be completely empty, and it still crashes within hours when the card is inserted.

I'll be calling Verizon for a replacement phone, but wondering if others are seeing this workaround (take out the card) as well? Right now I assume I have a hardware problem.

by bob | Dec 11, 2006 12:30:00 AM

I just got a treo 700p - great phone - but I need to copy my voice memos to my computer - is there any wat to do that, with the phone software or third party software - with sd card or sync cable? thanks

by Eric Martin | Jul 19, 2007 6:13:19 PM

I just got a Treo 700W with the Windows Mobile Operating System. It works great except that when I go to http://mail.juno.com and logon, I can read Juno email, but I can't reply, delete, or move to other folders. Anybody know how to fix this?