Treo 750: More Images

A few more images of the forthcoming Treo 750 have been released one of which (above) for the first time clearly shows the top ringer switch _without_ the SD card slot…

As I had previously posted (see Finally! Treo Nitro: First Great Images!) the latest Treo 750 (which will be released in PalmOS and Windows Mobile flavours with the Treo 750p and Treo 750w respectively by Vodafone in Europe and Cingular in the US) delivers a new considerably slimmer design (see above) which sees the antenna (finally) disappear and also moves the SD card + infrared port (above) to the right side of the smartphone (below). [Thanks for the images Jose Julio]

Separately, it is also worthwhile noting that the first ‘official’ confirmation that this next Treo will indeed be called 750 comes via a dedicated Vodafone Spain microsite for the Treo 750v…  [Thanks for the tip Alex]

More pictures of Palm’s New Antennae-less Treo [SlashGear]
Treo Lennon photos [PDAExpertos Forum]

Treonauts are always looking for just a bit more

Posted by Andrew on August 25, 2006 at 07:05 AM

Treo 750

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Treo 750: More Images:

Comments

by Palm | Aug 25, 2006 8:37:41 AM

Nice pics. I've only seen the one with the antenna.

by RichC | Aug 25, 2006 9:58:19 AM

Just love this rumor and speculation stuff ... especially the secret photos. (keep them coming Andrew)

I'm back from vacation where I put my Treo 700p through its most challenging test to date. My week long vacation in Hawaii was a test of roaming and EVDO coverage along with seeing just what kind of photos the new camera would take.

First, I can say that the Seiko battery (thanks Treonauts) was able to handle everyday use and the long 9 hour flight without worry. I watched an hour long mp4 video and listened to PTunes several hours both ways. Not a hint of battery problem even though I had my spare original battery just in case. The included earbuds did the job but I did receive a few looks from passengers and flight attendants thinking I was on a 'cell phone.' (a no-no especially nowadays)

I used the camera and Versamail to upload a photo and comment or two each day I found EVDO coverage in Hawaii and the results were trying. Photos varied as to quality and posting to a blog from the treo via email wasn't the easiest either. There were a few unexpected color shifts (???) and somewhat fuzzy pictures in comparison to a 'real' camera. (noticed Andrew's comment yesterday about the 650's camera phone too) Nevertheless ... it was a first fun test in not having to be married to a notebook while on vacation. (BTW ... I did 'tether' once or twice without much of a problem)
See http://blog.myarchive.us/?cat=22 if interested.

RichC

by Alex Bergonzini | Aug 25, 2006 10:15:27 AM

The tip is not mine y from PDAExpertos (http://www.pdaexpertos.com/noticias/115635976928986.shtml) and the photos are from PDAExpertos too. You can watch the original at this link http://www.pdaexpertos.com/foros/viewtopic.php?p=233493

by me | Aug 26, 2006 4:50:32 PM

You write that this new model is slimmer than the others. You may wish to study the photos more closely.

by Johan | Aug 28, 2006 5:11:29 AM

I don't think this phone will sell well in europe if it's a 240 x 240 screen and a poor 1.3mpix camera...

by march. | Aug 28, 2006 3:08:40 PM

thanks for the pictures.
but the Treo750SideCard.jpg has to be flipped horizontally.
you can't have the keyboard on both pics on the top right side ...

by Rob | Aug 28, 2006 8:36:51 PM

Does anyone know where I can purchase an original replacement manual for the 700W? Verizon and Palm are useless when it comes to providing one. I have been watching e bay for a while, but no luck. I would rather have the book than to print 200 plus pages and carry them around.

by jim | Sep 1, 2006 12:49:24 AM

Does anyone know which version of Palm OS will be on the 750? Are they going to use the current version of Garnet, or upgrade to the new ALP (Access Linux Platform)?

by andrew | Sep 1, 2006 6:52:05 AM

Jim - ALP is not due to be released on a Treo until late 2007 or early 2008...

by m | Sep 8, 2006 8:28:16 AM

any idea if the 750 will include wireless?

by Dara | Sep 12, 2006 3:12:58 AM

Hi... Anyone know when the 750 should release for cingular in the US? Will we be having a long wait, or is it coming around the bend soon? Also, is there somewhere to look for a rundown on the specs? Thanks :)

by boruch | May 7, 2007 11:55:18 PM

will this phone have-after three model waiting-WIFI?