Jabra JX10 Replacement Ear Loops Available

As most Treonauts already know the Jabra JX10 is one of the bestselling Bluetooth headsets for the Treo (read my review Jabra JX10: Absolutely Stunning) thanks to its stunning industrial design, ultralight form factor, terrific accessory kit and excellent DSP-enhanced sound quality.

However, there is one somewhat annoying little detail from which the JX10 suffers.  Namely its relatively fragile ear loop can have a bad habit of either breaking or detaching from the headset and getting lost (see A Simple Fix For My JX10 BT Headset Clip).

Treonauts who own a JX10 and found themselves with a missing ear loop have had to contact Jabra directly to order a replacement.  I’m now glad to announce that these replacement ear loops can now be purchased directly in the Treonauts Accessories Shop…

Treonauts are always looking for the loops

Posted by Andrew on September 25, 2006 at 01:45 PM

Treo Accessories , Treo Bluetooth Headset

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Jabra JX10 Replacement Ear Loops Available:

» Featured on BuzzTracker from BuzzTracker.com
[Read More]

Tracked on Oct 16, 2006 7:30:04 AM

Comments

by Andy Fullerton | Sep 25, 2006 4:11:37 PM

I called Jabra when my ear loops broke and they sent me two replacements for free....TWICE.

by chiru | Sep 25, 2006 4:15:52 PM

I read the reviews on JX10 and went ahead and got one. When ever I use it with my 700P, there is crackling noise in the headset. It is very annoying. Anyone else facing similar issue? Any solution?

by Rick Georges | Sep 25, 2006 8:12:05 PM

I also had an earpiece break. Jabra was very understanding, and sent me TWO of the earpieces and TWO of the rubber gaskets, at no charge. The X10 is still the best earset out there. Great sound, great performance, and, when the earpiece is on, you forget you are wearing it.

by Ekauq | Sep 26, 2006 7:39:26 AM

I don't have this earpiece, I use the Scala 500, but in the point of parts falling off...with my earpiece (after dropping it) the speaker cover was falling off. An easy fix for me was just a few drops of super glue. It never moved again. Might be something to consider.

Just don't glue your fingers together. :)

by Doug Boehme | Sep 26, 2006 9:52:42 AM

I bought the Logitech Mobile Boom 2.5mm headset long ago and used the blue ear gel shown in the picture. Fits perfectly on the JX10. No more ear loops at all. The Mobile Boom also comes with different sizes.

by Doug Boehme | Sep 26, 2006 9:53:12 AM

by Beau Phillis | Sep 29, 2006 5:28:59 PM

After reading your comments on the ear hook for the JX10, I'd like to let everyone know that there is another solution. If you go to your local hearing aid office, they can order an earmold, from an impression they take of your ear, and have it made so that the JX10 snaps into it. This custom fit earmold will give you more volume from your JX10, as the sound from it will be delivered deeper into your ear, via the earmold. It also eliminates the need for the earhooks that seem to be rather fragile. There is no glue involved, so if you get another bluetooth headset in the future, the same earmold may be able to be used with that product too. The cost of the earmold should be anywhere from $50 to $60, roughly. I have two friends that have done this, and love the results.

by Doug Boehme | Oct 1, 2006 8:40:03 PM

The URL I offered above from Logitech won't give you the same sound or same comfort but costs only roughly $10-$20.

by Shashank | Oct 18, 2006 3:32:57 AM

I NEED HELP actually finding a light BT that will be compatible with my Treo 650. Definitely NOT the Jabra JX10 nor the JT350. (Despite Treonauts site giving resounding positive remarks for the JX10--could not get mine to detect the device. And I'm not alone in this problem)

by Christopher | Oct 30, 2006 7:51:18 PM

Thanks for the info, I just called Jabra and they are mailing free replacement earloops.

by Jaime Ferrer | Jun 4, 2007 4:41:02 PM

I contacted Jabra through the e-mail they provided on the website to send me the two replacement ear hooks and I mentioned that the unit was uncomfortable to wear by itself and that I would need eargels, which they sent, in droves. I have enough eargels for a while and I can now wear my headset without the ear hook, which is great since I wear glasses. Love the service I got from Jabra.

by anukexpat | Aug 13, 2007 5:34:23 PM