World Travel Adapter & Charger With USB: Absolutely Terrific

Like any seasoned international travelling Treonaut I always carry at least one power plug adapter with me and the latest addition to my kit is the terrific Mobi Products World USB Charger + Plug Adapter.

I have purchased at least a dozen such power adapters in the last few years but until now none had had the benefit of also including a USB power port through which I could for example charge my spare high capacity battery with the portable USB battery charger (pictured above).  Additionally, unlike other travel adapters the Mobi Products version can be ‘split in half’ to save weight when you want to use it in the US (as I did in the picture above) and then simply attach the UK and EU plug when you are travelling abroad.

Also, I particularly like the ingenious way that they have managed to build the adapter so that the EU plug (below bottom right) fits inside the UK plug to again make the whole adapter lighter and more portable.

Finally, two fuses – one on the USB + US plug section and one on the UK + EU plug section – ensure that you’ll also protect your equipment against power surges.

The Mobi Products World USB Charger + Plug Adapter has definitely made it into my Treo essentials kit and my only wish is that it could be available in black or grey for aesthetic purposes…

Treonauts are always plugged-in

Posted by Andrew on September 27, 2006 at 02:27 PM

Treo Accessories , Treo Charger

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference World Travel Adapter & Charger With USB: Absolutely Terrific:

» Featured on BuzzTracker from BuzzTracker.com
[Read More]

Tracked on Oct 28, 2006 7:30:00 PM

Comments

by RichC | Sep 27, 2006 4:01:21 PM

>to again make the whole adapter lighter

I'm probably the only one that saw that line and say WHOA ... a 12 volt adapter too! (but I on second read through got the drift)
:-)

by mstein | Sep 27, 2006 4:08:19 PM

HAha see what you mean RichC. I'm hanging out for those usb batteries mentioned in a previous post.

This is clever though. Now if someone can do short length multi-ended mini-USB power-only cables I can charge several devices at once from thats single plug.

by Ron LaPedis | Oct 2, 2006 2:11:37 PM

Where did you get the little black USB/USB adaptor shown between the adaptor and battery charger? Did that come with either of these products? Much better than a cable!

by andrew | Oct 3, 2006 7:57:14 PM

Ron - that small USB adapter was an evaluation unit which I received. I expect this and other similar USB adapters to become available in the Treonauts Accessories Shop shortly (they are very useful indeed).

by William | Nov 23, 2006 8:14:57 PM

Does it the USB support BlackBerry and HTC device or Motorola handset?

by Lucas | May 21, 2011 4:40:45 PM

220 Volt Surge Protector - Wonpro's patented universal outlet can accept any country specific electrical plug, i.e., from Type A plug - Type M plug.  It is a Universal-to-One, or  many-to-one plug adaptation design