Cingular Treo 680 Now Available To Buy On Palm Online Store (Almost)

Treo680PalmStoreSale

As always we have to credit a very resourceful Treonaut [thank you Syphon] for finding a ‘hidden’ page on Palm’s website which already lists the Cingular Treo 680 for sale at $349 – a price which matches the one that we had seen previously (see Cingular Treo 680: Pricing & Release Date Leaks).

Even though this page is not officially ‘live’ some Treonauts have already reported successfully placing their Treo 680 (pre)orders via this page and receiving an “Awaiting Inventory” status message.

Given previous experiences, we can now at least hope that such a page is indicative of an absolutely imminent release by Cingular after which we will finally also be able to order one of the four coloured Treo 680 smartphones that Palm will release exclusively on its website and retail locations as soon as Cingular launches its own version…

Treonauts are always the most resourceful

Posted by Andrew on November 20, 2006 at 02:35 AM

Treo 680

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Cingular Treo 680 Now Available To Buy On Palm Online Store (Almost):

Comments

by Sanjay | Nov 20, 2006 9:53:40 PM

I agree 100% with #25. I wish there was a way to have HSDPA/UMTS on the Treo 680. I like the Palm OS way more than Windows Mobile. For a Mobile OS the Palm OS is really easy to navigate. I actually went out and tried the Cingular 8525 and it was the biggest piece of crap I've dealt with - keyboard is out of place, Windows Mobile has poor navigation, thereby making it very difficult to use with one hand. I wish the Treo 680 had a few more options so that people with a 650 can upgrade to it. Now, the antenna is the only plus. All applications on the 680 can be obtained via 3rd party. C'mon Palm - take our money and give us more!

by OAR | Nov 20, 2006 10:31:51 PM

Does anyone know/feel that the New Palm OS Cobalt could be a perfect fit for a 750p?

by Dave | Nov 20, 2006 10:38:11 PM

The 680 is being offered with the Altec Lansing iMT1 portable audio system in the overseas Palm Store sites, as linked in comment #2. Can we in the US expect this type of bundling as well?

by Fred | Nov 21, 2006 6:22:54 AM

Having read the posts of people who say that the 680 is no better than the 650 or the 700p, I checked out the comparison chart on this site. It seems to me (and feel free to correct me, as I'm sure you will!) that the differences are these: 680 over 650: much more memory. 700p over 680: better camera resolution. 680 over both: no antenna and 4 GB SD card capacity, plus alleged better Bluetooth and signal.
Or have I oversimplified it?

by IA | Nov 21, 2006 7:48:45 AM

Treo 680 looks nice, but really isn't showing much innovation, which Palm and Handspring before had. My first Palm was a PalmPilot with 512K of memory, and I have since had several other Palms, a handspring Edge with a visorphone module, a Treo 180, and now the Treo 650. Palm's strength has been the easy to use and reliable OS, which Windows Mobile isn't. I recently purchased a iMate smartphone with windows mobile, due to its WiFi capability, which Palm seems to have abandoned in its Treos. Sure there is a sled for the 650, but c'mon, this is 2006! All these devices should have WiFi built in to them. I think Palm may have missed the boat on this, as the offering is not too much improved from the 650. The real excitement and innovation will be when Apple releases its iPhone, or whatever they will call it and most people will have that for personal use, while Blackberry picks up the business market. I have a feeling Palm will die a slow death if it doesn't innovate a little more.

by clee | Nov 21, 2006 6:43:33 PM

Hi Guys,

Sorry to imply there was a 750p out there. I was just trying to say that that is what I would buy. The reason is that, I travel enough to warrant me staying with a GSM provider (Cing). However, I dont feel like the 680 has enough ummph to make me "upgrade". I just don't think it is an upgrade period. I know from the blog that it looks like th e750 will only be avail with Windows Mobile. Sorry to say it, but I hate Windows. I won't upgrade to that option either.

So basically, this is what I am thinking. I will either stay with my 650 until th eend of time (or until palm has enough sense to release a 750p through Cing) - Otherwise. I willsee what my options are in terms of going to Sprint or Verizon for the 700p. I want the network speed and the upgraded camera most, followed by a few other enhancements. The problem again is that I cant use those treos over seas!

by Abross | Nov 21, 2006 7:12:46 PM

I just got off the phone with a Cingular rep. He told me to check online next week for the Treo 680!!!!! I am sooooooo ready for this phone! Seems like it's taking Cingular/Palm forever to go ahead and release the phone!!! So we'll need to wait and see if the 680 will be ready to buy next week!!! This situation about the 680 is a HOT MESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

by RickyB | Nov 21, 2006 9:40:48 PM

My Cingular account exec for my company just told me that Cingular is releasing this Friday 11/24.

by RickyB | Nov 21, 2006 10:02:59 PM

My Cingular exec said it's being released Friday for under $200

by David | Nov 22, 2006 1:24:26 AM

Your Cingular execs can say what they want, Palm's website has it available NOW. I just ordered one Arctic and one Crimson. The unlocked say they may take 1 - 2 weeks for delivery with free overnight shipping though.

by Fitzkarin | Nov 22, 2006 5:18:58 AM

Cingular is discussing the Treo 680 and making agreements with other software providers to support it. I received this link when I asked our Cingular rep about it suppporting Lotus Notes.

by Eric Walker | Nov 22, 2006 6:34:21 AM

It is available on the palm site now!!!

by Eric Walker | Nov 22, 2006 6:35:37 AM

Plus get a free mobile music pack ($135 value)